The pressures of modern living can make it hard to achieve a balanced and happy lifestyle. Stress can take a huge toll on us physically and emotionally. Long-term stress is estimated to be responsible for up to 70% of all illnesses. Reflexology is proven to reduce levels of stress as well as the levels of stress hormones such as adrenaline and cortisol.
Key benefits of reflexology:
- It reduces stress, promotes restful sleep and is totally relaxing for the mind and body
- It treats and manages pain effectively, realigns the spine and reduces muscular pain
- It improves circulation, digestion, IBS, constipation, heartburn and skin systems
- It supports fertility and pregnancy, promotes delivery at term and enhances post-natal recovery
- It boosts the immune system
- It enhances detoxification
- It stimulates the nervous system and increases energy
- It eases allergies, asthma, sinus issues, eczema and migraines
- It creates an overall impression of nurturing and a sense of relaxation
- It improves debilitating health conditions
- It reduces hormonal symptoms of PMS, menstruation, peri-menopause, menopause, and offers relief for the symptoms of endometriosis and PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome)
Reflexology treatments can offer so many benefits to general health. Well-being is much more than just the absence of illness; it encompasses positive emotions, a good quality of life and enhanced resilience. An elevated life state and sense of well-being allows you to live more fully.
Many of my reflexology clients find that symptoms other than the primary ones that they wish to treat improve as well. Sometimes the only way to know if reflexology will help you is to try it!